Did you know your skin cells regenerate three times more overnight? And that between the hours of 11pm-4am, your skin is at its peak? With the right natural skin care regime, you can literally sleep your way to better, more luminous skin. After all, it’s called beauty sleep for a reason
Did you know your skin cells regenerate three times more overnight? And that between the hours of 11pm-4am, your skin is at its peak? With the right natural skin care regime, you can literally sleep your way to better, more luminous skin. After all, it’s called beauty sleep for a reason!
Sleep is Mother Nature’s most powerful beauty treatment. Seven to nine hours of shut eye a night not only helps your skin to rejuvenate, but your organic skin care products also penetrate better overnight.
Here are our top beauty sleep benefits
- Radiant complexion. When you’re snoozing, your body is busy making human growth hormones, which are key to collagen production – the stuff that keeps your skin tight and smooth (and that Botoxed ladies pay to get injected into their foreheads!).
- Sparkly eyes. There’s a reason why you can wake up to puffy eyes or dark circles after a late night – when you stay awake past 11, eating salty foods or drinking alcohol, fluid pools beneath your eyes. Give your body time to rest and you’ll have that doe-eyed look we all know and love.
- Smooth skin. During the night, the facial muscles that create those pesky lines and wrinkles actually relax. So it’s simple: the more sleep you get, the smoother your skin will be.
- Hydration. Your skin loses it when you don’t sleep enough, so catching some shut-eye is like a moisturiser for your skin.
Why you need a night cream
We’re going to come right out and say it: night creams are miracle workers. Getting eight hours of sleep is all well and good, but night creams really can give you the complexion of your dreams. Richer and more concentrated than day creams, they work overnight to plump, smooth, hydrate and nourish the delicate skin on your face. They also treat pigmentation, age spots, and fine lines, improve blood circulation, and even out skin tone. The best part? All you have to do is slather it on and crawl under the covers. It doesn’t get easier than that.
Night Creams Luxe to Less
How to apply night cream
As the name suggests, you apply a night cream just before bedtime. For optimum results – and an extra glowy face – follow these steps:
- Cleanse your face to remove dirt, makeup, and traces of the day.
- Using your fingers, apply the night cream in gentle, upward strokes. And don’t neglect your neck and décolletage!
- Put on your pajamas, prop your head on two pillows, and turn off the lights.
Goodnight, sleeping beauty…